Vadodara, May 6th, 2023:Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited reported its consolidated financial results for the quarter and year ended 31st March, 2023.
- Net Sales for the quarter at Rs.1406 crores.
- Net Profit for the quarter at Rs.153 crores.
- Net sales for FY23 at Rs. 5653 crores.
- Net profit for FY23 at Rs. 342 crores.
Mr. Pranav Amin, Managing Director, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited said “The USA business continues to remain challenging, however, the Company witnessed topline growth across all other verticals. In particular, the API business outperformed with a 41% growth and Ex-US generics with 33% growth during the quarter. We have started commercialization of products from our injectable and oncology facilities. India Branded Business continues to outperform the market especially on focused products / therapeutic segments.
India Branded Business
- India Branded Business grew 9% to Rs. 490 crores in the quarter. Ex of Azithral Branded Business grew 12%
- Specialty segment grew 13% compared to the industry specialty growth of 12% (as per IQVIA)
- Growth in specialty segment was driven by Gynecology, Anti-Diabetic, Ophthalmology & Ortho.
- Acute business grew by 23%, Ex of Azithral it grew by 38% vs representative Industry growth of 28% (as per IQVIA).
- Animal Health business grew 15% over previous year Q4.
- US Generics at Rs. 354 crores in the quarter.
- Ex-US International Formulations grew 33% to Rs. 249 Crores in the quarter.
- 7 ANDA approvals received during the quarter; 179 Cumulative ANDA approvals.
- 4 ANDA filings during the quarter; Cumulative ANDA filings at 245.
- API business grew 41% at Rs. 313 crores in the quarter.
- 131 cumulative DMF Filings.
The summary of Total Revenue is as under:
(Rs in Crores)
|Particulars||Q4 FY23||Q4 FY22||% Change||FY23||FY22||% Change|